Friday, October 17, 2008

ROME

ok ok - so I havent up dated in sooooooo long... you see sometimes its just too hard to turn on the laptop d/l photos and write stuff about stuff and well.......... ok it's been a mixture of being busy and lazy... :p
Rome was a spectacular place I was there for about 4 days and saw most of it... It was such an unreal feeling walking around and through these buildings that back in the times before christ - these places were full of people... If any of you are planning on coming to europe come to rome... as for the pickpockets - I didn't see any!! but I've heard from alot of people who have had their things taken so I would say that when (and if) you come DONT dress up like a tourist (camera bag, backpack, daggy hat, bum bag, always looking at the map) because you'll be the biggest target to be robbed.... right-o photo's:-
This one above was the bets view of rome... this is the top of the vaticain looking over st peters square....

A cool photo: cant think of the name but this place is somewhat rome's war memorial...
Ok above is the trevi fountain (you are suppose to toss a coin over your shoulder into the fountain) - but this place is packed at night (as you can see) - people just sit a look at it.... random!!
I'm lost here - I cant tell you if this is rome or florence (if i was to guess i'd say florence - BUT it also looks like a small area in rome) - So confusing...

2 comments:

Kirsty said...

Nice pics Anth, looks like such a wonderful experience. I feel like I am experiencing stuff too when you post and add the pics and a story. thanks for sharing! xx

Melanie said...

I threw a coin into the fountain.....it means I am coming back to Rome one day!!!!!
Glad to hear you are having a great time!