Thursday, August 21, 2008

Macau

Tue: I thought last night about going to Macau another island in China. This is not a part of Hong Kong so I had to go through Immigration, etc. Caught the turbo Jet (ferry), took about 1hour. Macau is the Vegas of Asia, (Macau turns over more gaming revenue than Vegas) WOW its insane, there are so many huge casino’s (over23) and there are over 10 currently in construction. First day there: got off went walking to check it out. It’s so hot just walking without a break, couldn’t find anywhere like a shopping centre, etc so I finally gave up and went to the hotel I booked into. When there I got my bearings and headed out again. Caught the 50c Bus. Hehe and got off about 10 stops too late. I was in the middle of dodgy Macau. I started walking back and no joke I did not see a westerner for over an hour and when I did it was just one. Finally when I got back all tired and worn out I realized I’d walked over 12km in the heat so took a breather and sat in an airconed restaurant for dinner.. caught the bus back to where I was staying had a shower then hit the casino’s….. well one!! The Biggest one on Macau, the biggest one I had ever seen. The Venecian – This place was amazing, it had a shopping centre bigger than Parramatta Westfield (again I got lost) – It had a river system going through it big enough to transport people on gondolas. The detail of the ceilings, etc was fantastic and the toilets were just as nice. As classy as I am I could only afford an ice cream so I went to the best looking Macca’s they had will glass balls extended from the ceiling and leather seats (it sure beat erindale maccas)… walking out I noticed the checkin counter for the hotel guests… 20 staff on counter!!! 20!! Probably to check in the couples and family for 3000 rooms. I looked it up, its the third largest building in the world (for floor space) its almost twice the size of hong Kong international airport.....Check out the pictures... :) I'm only showing half the building here.... the other one shows inside the shopping area with a ceiling that looks like the sky and the river system with bridges etc.

No comments: