
Monday – Lavinia goes to work at 830 (too early for me and I get up at 1030) – There are a series of elevators that go from the midlevels (where Andrew and lavinia live) right down into the city. They go down to the city for about three hours in the morning and then up the rest of the day… Unfortunately I just missed it and had to walk down L - I went shopping as you do in hong kong went into the IFC (international Finance Centre – I think) and I got lost. Its so big and confusing. Didn’t really go into the shops they were all top end places, D&G, Boss, Gucci, Dior, Armani, Cartier, Versace, oh and Laura there’s a number of Juicy Coutore stores too (so many nice places) – My general observations of Hong Kong: Its very clean for a city of 7million – no graffiti (you go to jail if your caught), There are so many nice cars (Porsche, maserati, Ferrari, Mercedes (AMG), Audi R8’s galore, there are so many Classy Shops, Food is cheap, transport is really cheap (50c for a bus, $3 for a taxi) and to my surprise there are soooooo many more white people than I expected (aussies I think)- they work here cause the money is good – even teachers are on great wages better than anything in Aus. (Michael you want a job?? Haha)

After Shopping I caught the bus to a place on the other side of Hong Kong Island - Stanley. It's like a touristy place kind of like going to the coast only i would say much nicer than batemans bay. They had markets there but not too much else...
No comments:
Post a Comment